Partner Visas

Partner Visas

With over 7.5 Billion people in the world, you could meet your partner anywhere. Why not settle in Australia, one of most multicultural places on the planet.

There are two different visa paths to bringing your partner to Australia. These depend whether your partner is currently in Australia or Outside of Australia. Both paths lead to a Permanent Residency.

The offshore Partner (Provisional) (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) (subclass 100) allows the partner or spouse of an eligible sponsor travel to and live in Australia. The partner or spouse  must be outside of Australia to apply.

The onshore subclass (820 and 801) allows the spouse or de factor partner of an eligible sponsor to remain in Australia to live. The spouse or de factor partner must be inside Australia to apply.

Alternatively If you’re wanting to spend time with your partner in Australia, you can apply for a Tourist Visa.

The Tourist Visa is a short-term option useful for:

  • Determining you & your partner’s compatibility in Australia
  • Minimising the time you are apart after an offshore Partner visa or Prospective Marriage visa application has been lodged

If you are already engaged and want to bring your Fiance to Australia to Marry, the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) is ideal for you.


If you are interested in applying for a partner visa please contact us and we can advise you on the best option based on your situation.