Working Holiday Visas

Australia is a huge country with lots of opportunity for young people to visit and gain work experience in various industries while having the chance to experience the Australian lifestyle and culture.

Depending what country you are from, If you are between the ages of 18 and 31 you may qualify for either a

Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)


Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)

These are a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.

Second Working Holiday visa: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

You can generally only work six months with one employer.


This visa allows you to:

  • stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
  • study for up to four months
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.


For more information on Working Holiday Visas or Applying for a second working holiday visa, please feel free to contact us at Bridge Visa.